- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11, Office 177
- 2007-2010: Ph.D. in History, Institute of Oriental Manuscripts, Russian Academy of Sciences. PhD Dissertation: «Hayashi Shihei’s Kaikoku Heidan in political and military thought of early modern Japan (1603-1867)».
- 2002-2007: Specialist in Linguistics and Translation Studies, Faculty of Oriental Languages, Irkutsk State Linguistic University. Diploma: “Specifics in translation of fiction from Japanese into Russian (on the base of Tsutsui Yasutaka’s ‘Millionaire detective’)”.
- Current: Senior Researcher, Institute of Oriental Manuscripts, Russian Academy of Sciences; Assistant Lecturer, Department of Japanese Studies, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, Saint-Petersburg State University.
- 2013-2016: Researcher, Institute of Oriental Manuscripts, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 2013-2014: Visiting Researcher, Center for Ainu and Indigenous Studies, Hokkaido University.
- 2010-2013: Junior Researcher, Institute of Oriental Manuscripts, Russian Academy of Sciences.
Awards and honors:
- Association of Japanologists Prize for the best publication on Japan by young researchers (2012).
- Saint Petersburg Government Prize for Young Researchers and Young Candidates in Sciences (2017).
- European Association for Japanese Resources Specialists, member (from 2015).
- Association for Asian Studies (from 2016).
- European Association for Japanese Studies (from 2017).
- Russian (native),
- Japanese (fluent),
- English (fluent),
- French (reading).
- History of Russia-Japan relations, history of early modern Japan,
- Japanese manuscripts and woodblock printed books,
- Japanese collections in Saint-Petersburg,
- History and culture of Ainu.
- History of Russia-Japan relations
- Japanese language
- Shchepkin V. The Manuscript Nijūgokoku chūka chikyū no zu (“Pictures of the Peoples of Twenty Five Countries with Maps of China and the World”) in the IOM, RAS Collection // Written Monuments of the Orient. 1(3), 2016. P. 3–20 // Written Monuments of the Orient. 1(3), 2016. P. 106–110.