- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
- 2006-2009: Ph.D. Programme St Petersburg State University (History of China and Japan). Ph.D. Degree (March 2010).
- 2001-2003: M.A. Programme, Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. M.A. degree in International Studies (China).
- 1998-1999: Japanese-language Exchange Programme at Seinan Gakuin University, Fukuoka, Japan
- 1995-1996: Chinese-language Exchange Programme at Capital Normal University (Shoudu Shifan Daxue), Beijing, China
- 1993-2001: St Petersburg State University, Faculty of Asian and African Studies. Diploma of a Specialist, Maxima Cum Laude, History of China.
Posts and Positions of Primary Importance:
- 2014 — current: St. Petersburg State University, Assistant Professor.
- 2012–2013: University of Nagoya, Visiting Researcher/Lecturer.
- 2008–2011: St. Petersburg State University, Lecturer.
- 2001–2005: The National Bureau of Asian Research, Seattle, WA.
- Research assistant (China and Russia studies);
- Assistant to the Russia-WTO Discussion Forum moderator.
Grants and Fellowships:
- Japan Foundation Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship 2012-2013.
- Melony II Endowment Grant 2001-2002.
- Private Grant for Studies at the University of Washington (Managed by the National Bureau of Asian Research). 2001-2003.
- Association of Japanologists (Russia).
- Japan Studies Association of Canada (JSAC).
- European Association оf Chinese Studies (EACS).
- Russian (native),
- Chinese (fluent),
- English (fluent),
- Japanese (reading)
- History of Chinese Migration
- Sino-Japanese Relations
- Japanese Social Studies
- Foreign Migrants in Japan;
- Sino-Japanese Relations;
- Topical Issues of Japanese History;
- Japanese Language (Writing).
- Kovrigin N. Illegal Chinese Migrants in Contemporary Japan // Proceedings of the XXI Conference on Asian and African Studies, St Petersburg, Russia, 2002. Pp. 141-148.
- Kovrigin N. The Formation of Chinese Community in Contemporary Japan: the Role of Student Migration // Herald of the St Petersburg State University, Ser. 9 History. Linguistics. Literature, Issue.1, 2009. Pp. 95-104.(peer-reviewed)
- Kovrigin N. Chinese Migration to Japan: History, Contemporaneity, and Specifics and Particularities // Russia and the APR. No. 4. 2009. Pp. 123-134.(peer-reviewed)
- Kovrigin N. Chinese Community in Japan: Yesterday and Tomorrow //Japan 2009. Yearbook. Moscow, 2009. Pp. 189-214.(peer-reviewed)
- Kovrigin N. Formation of the Chinese Community in Japan: political implications. Paper presented at JSAC 2011 24th Annual Conference. Halifax, Canada.
- Kovrigin N. Chinese Migration to Russia and Japan and the Role of State Policies after 1978: a Comparative Study. Journal of Asia Pacific Studies. Vol. 3. Issue 2 (November, 2013). pp. 212-244. (peer-reviewed)
- Kovrigin N. Regarding Chinese Migration to Russia and Japan in the late XIX – first half of the XX century: the Role of Irregular Factors // Humanities and Science University Journal. Issue 36 (2018). Pp. 79-95.